Babar Azam is a Pakistani international cricketer who serves as the captain of the Pakistan national team in all three formats: Test, ODI, and T20I. He is known for his stylish batting, technical prowess, and consistent performance across formats.
Cricketers often juggle admiration with criticism, and Babar Azam is no exception. Dive into the journey of this exceptional talent from Pakistan. Discover Babar Azam’s net worth, biography, family, and more. Explore the accolades he’s received and understand the reasons behind recent criticisms and comparisons.
- Test debut: vs. West Indies at Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Oct 13, 2016
- Last Test: vs Sri Lanka at Sinhalese Sports Club, Jul 24, 2023
- ODI debut: vs Zimbabwe at Gaddafi Stadium, May 31, 2015
- Last ODI : vs Sri Lanka at R.Premadasa Stadium, Sep 14, 2023
- T20 debut: vs England at Emirates Old Trafford, Sep 07, 2016
- Last T20: vs New Zealand at Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium, Apr 24, 2023
Some key points about Babar Azam:
- Early Life and Debut: Babar Azam was born on October 15, 1994, in Lahore, Pakistan. He made his debut for the Pakistan national team in an ODI against Zimbabwe in 2015.
- Rise to Fame: Babar quickly rose through the ranks because of his consistency and ability to adapt to different formats of the game. He is especially renowned for his silky drives and strong wrist play.
- Records: In his initial years of international cricket, Babar set numerous records. For instance, he’s the fastest to reach 1000 T20I runs, beating the previous record held by Indian cricketer Virat Kohli.
- Captaincy: Babar took over the captaincy duties in 2019 for the T20I side and later for the ODI and Test teams. Under his leadership, the Pakistan cricket team has seen some significant successes and is in the process of rebuilding with a mix of experienced and young players.
- Comparison with Modern Greats: Due to his consistent performances, Babar is often compared with other contemporary cricketing greats like Virat Kohli, Joe Root, Steve Smith, and Kane Williamson. This group is sometimes referred to as the “Fab Four” of modern-day cricket, and Babar Azam is often mentioned in the same breath because of his exploits in international cricket.
- Role in Pakistan Super League (PSL): In the PSL, Pakistan’s premier T20 league, Babar represents Karachi Kings. He has been one of the leading run-scorers in the league and played an instrumental role in Karachi Kings’ title-winning campaign.
Babar Azam’s career is still ongoing, so it’s essential to keep up with current sports news outlets for the latest updates and achievements related to him.
Babar Azam Net Worth
Babar Azam, based in Lahore, stands among the top earners in Pakistan’s cricket scene. With a contract in the premium Category A with the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), he garners approximately 1.1 million PKR. Owing to his esteemed position in the team, many brands seek him for endorsements. His estimated net worth is around 29.4 Crores. Also Read… Fukrey 3 Download link leaked in 720p and 900MB Review
Recently, comparisons with Indian cricketing legend, Virat Kohli, have surfaced. Following Kohli’s century in the Guwahati ODI series, Babar faced some critique.
However, considering Babar Azam’s prominence in the cricket world, his captaincy for the Pakistan national team in all three formats, and his participation in various leagues, he is likely earning a substantial amount. Additionally, like many elite cricketers, Babar would also have sponsorship deals, brand endorsements, and other commercial ventures contributing to his net worth.
To get the most recent and accurate estimate of Babar Azam’s net worth, you might want to consult reliable financial or sports business publications or websites that periodically update such figures.
Babar Azam Biography
Born Mohammad Babar Azam, he leads Pakistan in T20 cricket and also serves as the vice-captain for ODIs. Under coach Mansoor Hameed’s guidance, Babar, a right-handed batsman, began his professional journey at 16 in 2010. Recognitions like the ICC Men’s ODI Team of the Year 2019 and Pakistan’s Person of the Year 2020 underscore his excellence. Also Read… Sprinting Shoes Without Spikes
Babar Azam is one of the leading batsmen in the cricketing world and the captain of the Pakistan national cricket team in all three formats. Here’s a brief biography of Babar Azam:
- Born: October 15, 1994, in Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan.
- He comes from a cricket-loving family, with several of his relatives having played first-class cricket.
- Debut: Babar made his debut for the Pakistan national team in an ODI against Zimbabwe in 2015.
- Formats: He has represented Pakistan in Tests, ODIs, and T20Is.
- Style: Babar is known for his orthodox and stylish batting technique. He’s especially adept in the cover drive and is considered one of the best batsmen in the world in the cover region.
- Milestones: He became the fastest batsman to score 1000 runs in T20Is, surpassing the record previously held by India’s Virat Kohli. Babar also holds records for the quickest to 1000 and 2000 ODI runs for Pakistan.
- Captaincy: Babar was named the captain of the Pakistan T20I side in 2019, and he later took on captaincy duties for the ODI and Test formats as well. Also Read… America First Credit Union Locations
Achievements and Recognition:
- Often compared with modern-day cricketing greats like Virat Kohli, Joe Root, Steve Smith, and Kane Williamson, Babar has carved a niche for himself with consistent performances across all formats.
- He has been frequently ranked among the top 10 batsmen in the ICC rankings across all formats.
Domestic and League Cricket:
- In the Pakistan Super League (PSL), Babar represents the Karachi Kings and has been one of the tournament’s top run-scorers over the years.
- He’s also played in other global T20 leagues, showcasing his skills and furthering his reputation as one of the best T20 batsmen in the world.
- Babar is known for his calm demeanour on and off the field. His leadership style is characterized by a blend of calmness and assertiveness.
He is still actively playing, so his biography is bound to evolve with more achievements, records, and milestones in the coming years. If you’re interested in a more detailed biography or recent updates, you’d have to refer to more current sources or dedicated cricket databases.
Babar Azam Family
Babar hails from a cricket-loving family. His father is Azam Siddique, and he has a brother named Safeer Azam. Furthermore, he’s related to cricketers Umar Akmal, Kamran Akmal, and Adnan Akmal. Though there are whispers about his engagement, Babar maintains his primary focus is cricket.
Babar Azam comes from a cricket-loving family, with several of his relatives having connections to the sport. Here’s a brief overview of his family members who have been involved in cricket:
- Akmal Brothers: Babar Azam is related to the Akmal brothers through his maternal side.
- Kamran Akmal: A wicketkeeper-batsman who has played for Pakistan for many years across all formats. He has represented Pakistan in numerous Tests, ODIs, and T20Is.
- Umar Akmal: A talented middle-order batsman who has also represented Pakistan across formats but has faced several disciplinary issues throughout his career.
- Adnan Akmal: Like his brother Kamran, Adnan is also a wicketkeeper-batsman, though he has played fewer international matches in comparison.
- Father: Babar Azam’s father has been supportive of his cricketing ambitions, and though not a professional cricketer himself, he ensured that Babar received the necessary training and guidance.
- Siblings: Babar has several siblings, there isn’t much public information regarding their involvement in professional cricket or other endeavours.
While the Akmal brothers are well-known figures in Pakistani cricket, Babar Azam has carved out his own legacy independent of his family ties. His skills, temperament, and achievements have placed him among the top cricketers in the world.
Babar Azam Career
Babar’s journey began with Zarai Taraqiati Bank Limited, followed by notable performances in domestic tournaments. His international debut came in 2015 against Zimbabwe. Remarkably, he’s the quickest Pakistani to score 1000 runs in 21 ODI innings. Babar Azam is an accomplished cricketer and has had a distinguished career representing Pakistan across all formats.
Batting Career Summary
- Birth and Early Life: Babar Azam was born on October 15, 1994, in Lahore, Pakistan. He started playing cricket at a young age, showing promise and talent.
- Youth Cricket: Babar represented Pakistan at various age-level competitions, notably the Under-19 Cricket World Cup.
- Debut: He made his debut for the Pakistan national team in an ODI against Zimbabwe on May 31, 2015.
- Test Cricket: Babar Azam made his Test debut for Pakistan against the West Indies on October 13, 2016.
- T20I Cricket: He played his first T20 International for Pakistan against England on September 7, 2016.
- Consistency: Babar quickly established himself as one of the mainstays of the Pakistani batting line-up due to his consistency and ability to play long innings.
- Records: He has set several records early in his career. For instance, he became the fastest to reach 1000 T20I runs, surpassing India’s Virat Kohli. He also scored the most runs after 33 innings in ODI cricket, surpassing South Africa’s Hashim Amla.
- Captaincy: Babar took on the captaincy duties for the T20I side in 2019. Later on, he became the captain for the ODI and Test teams, leading Pakistan in all three formats.
Domestic and League Cricket:
- Pakistan Super League (PSL): Babar has been an integral part of the Karachi Kings in the PSL, often being among the top run-scorers in the league.
- Global T20 Leagues: Apart from the PSL, Babar has also been sought after in other global T20 leagues, further solidifying his reputation as one of the premier T20 batsmen in the world.
Style and Strengths:
- Babar Azam is known for his orthodox and technically sound batting technique. He has a wide range of shots and is especially known for his cover drives.
- He is adept at pacing his innings, making him effective in both the longer format (Tests) and the shorter formats (ODIs and T20Is).
- Babar Azam has been frequently ranked among the top 10 batsmen in the ICC rankings across all formats. Due to his consistent performances, he’s often compared with other contemporary cricketing greats like Virat Kohli, Joe Root, Steve Smith, and Kane Williamson.
|Made 1st Class Debut for Zarai Taraqiati Bank Limited
|Appointed as the captain of the Pakistan Team in the U19 World Cup
|He made his ODI debut against Team Zimbabwe
|Played 1st time in Day/Night Test matches
|Hit record of 1000 ODI runs in 21 innings
|Awarded PCB ODI Player of the Year
|He suffered a fractured upper arm and had to take a break from cricket
|Appointed as the T20I Captain of the Pakistan Cricket Team
|Picked in ICC Men’s ODI XI of the Year
|Given the Test & ODI captaincy
|Became the PSL franchise- Karachi Kings skipper
|Named No.1 Ranked ODI and T20I Batter
|Achieved ICC Men’s ODI Cricketer of the Year 2021
|Picked as captain in ICC Men’s ODI and T20I XI of the Year
|Notches up the highest 4th innings score  for Pakistan in Test cricket
|Became PCB’s ODI Cricketer of the Year in 2021.
This overview provides a snapshot of Babar Azam’s career achievements and milestones. Given the trajectory of his career, it’s evident that there will be many more accomplishments and records to come.